- VRST 2012, Virtual Reality Software and Technology, (Reviewer).
- MMVE 2011, Massively Multi-user Virtual Environments, (Technical program commitee).
- MMVE 2010, Massively Multi-user Virtual Environments, (Technical program commitee).
- Netgames 2009, Network and System Support for Games, (Local organization chair).
- MMVE 2009, Massively Multi-user Virtual Environments, (Technical program commitee).
- Elsevier COMputer NETworks, COMNET, (Reviewer).
- International Journal of Digital Earth, (Reviewer).
- Jan. 2009 - June 2011, at Pierre and Marie Curie University (UPMC), Paris, France : 204 h of Visual Basic for Exel and C++ for students from B.S. to M.S. degree.
- R. Cavagna, C. Bouville, J. Royan. Method for selecting at least one server pair for the transmission of viewing data. (FR-06 04 566 and PCT/FR2007/051307). Orange Labs, 2006.
- J. Royan, L. Bouget, R. Cavagna. Method and device for selecting level of detail, by visibility computing for three-dimentional scenes with multiple levels of details. (FR-95 10 814 and PCT/FR2006/000164). Orange Labs, 2005.
- J. Royan, R. Cavagna, P. Gioia. Methods, devices and programs for transmitting roof building structure of a 3D representation of a building roof based on said structure. (FR-05 10 384 and PCT/FR2006/002284). Orange Labs, 2005.
- R. Cavagna, O. Aubault, J. Royan. Method for the transmission of content visualization data between a server and at least one client terminal, corresponding terminal and computer program. (FR-05 02 440 and PCT/EP2006/060312). Orange Labs, 2004.
Professional experience :
- March. 2018 - now, lead research & innovation at ArtefactO.
- Dec. 2011 - March 2018, research engineer and project leader at ArtefactO.
- July - Dec. 2011, independant, at WideReality.com.
- Feb. 2011, french associate professor qualification.
- Sept. 2008 - June 2011, postdoctoral research fellow at LIP6-CNRS, UPMC.
- Aug. 2008, multimedia expert services for Proservia, and WizTivi.
- Jan. - June 2008, 'Space partionning' normalisation contribution in MPEG4 SNHC.
- Dec. 2007, PH.D degree, Content Management and Quality Optimization for 3D Flux Content Distribution, (Orange Labs / IRISA) from Rennes 1 University, Rennes.
- Sept. 2003, M.S. degree, Mobile Networks and Intelligent Networks, (LIP6-CNRS, Telecom ParisTech) from Pierre and Marie Curie University (UPMC), Paris.
- Sept. 2002, Engineer, Networks and Security of Networks, from 3IL, Limoges.
- Sept. 1999, B.S. degree, Physical and Chemical Measurements, from IUT Lannion, Lannion.
- President of the Ubeek association
- Vice-president of the Speedrofoil association